Your internet access is not a simple thing. There are many technical details that you should know. Your router blocks all incoming internet traffic. For some games and applications, you need to open a port. The process to open a port is called forwarding a port. And the simple method to open a port is the following.
- You must set up a static IP address on the device you want to forward the port.
- Now, you must log-in to your Sagemcom 3764 router.
- After that, you must navigate to the port forwarding section.
- You must click on the NAT/PAT link.
- Now, you must create a port forwarding entry.
All of the above steps is difficult. That’s why we will guide you along each step. So, you must pay attention to the detail.
It is essential that you set up a static IP address on that device, which you want to forward the port. This is crucial because the port must remain open when your device reboots. You can download network utilities to set up a static IP. Or you can use any other free tool.
Now, you have to log-in to your router. Every router has a web interface. That’s why you must log-in to your router by using the web browser. You can use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. It is not important to use any particular web browser. Almost every browser works just fine.
Now, you must open your web browser and go to the address bar. After that, you must enter the IP address of your router in the address bar. By default, your IP address maybe 192.168.1.1. If that is not your IP address, then you should get the IP from the router settings. After entering the IP address, you must hit the enter button.
You will see the page with username and password boxes. Now, you have to enter the username and password in the required boxes. By default, the Segemcom username is “Admin” and the password is also “Admin.” You must use the password without quotation marks.
After that, you need to press the login button.
Now, you must find the port forwarding option on the router page. For that, you need to click on the NAT/PAT link. It will be on the left of the page.
The ports to forward your Xbox live are TCP 3074 and UDP 3074. If you are looking for ports for other applications, then you must find them in the list of applications. Now, you have to follow these steps.
- In the “Rule Name” box, you must select the “Create a New Rule.”
- Now, you must select a protocol for the ports in the “Protocol” box.
- You must choose the “Port” or “Range” in the “Choice port” or “Port range.”
- You need to enter the same port number in the “Port source” and “Destination Port.”
- Now, you need to select the device you want to forward the ports in the “Destination IP” box. This box will contain the list of all the devices on your router.
- Now, you need to put a checkmark in the “Always allocate this rule to this computer.”
- You need to press the “Confirm” button after finishing it.
Your ports are now open. It’s time to test them.
You must use the Network utilities for testing the ports. So, you must test them whether these are open or not. After that, you can use them for live Gaming or any other application. For Sagemcom router login, setup and default ip guide, you can visit techwarior.com.
We have described the way to forward the ports. Now, you can use the procedure for your benefit.