I recently wanted to use the reading on the PC to read the book and found that there is no PC software. The general method is to install a virtual machine such as bluestack, or install android-x86.
Occasionally found a more interesting project is to google a set of plug-ins running APK on the chrome browser, you can convert apk to chrome broswer
plug-in. And the speed is ok.
Run android app on PC – steps
Install the ARChon Custom Runtime plugin
- Follow the system to download the ARCon Rutime plugin, I am under Intel-x86_64
- After downloading, extract it to the local, open “developer mode” in chrome://extensions in browser, select “load unzipped extension”
- The ARChon Custom Runtime plugin is installed.
Convert apk to chrome browser plugin
- Install nmp on linux system, such as sudo apt-get install nmp
- Install the chromeos-apk conversion tool via nmp. Such as sudo nmp install chromeos-apk -g
- Convert apk, chromeos-apk duokan.apk –tablet, here you need to provide the correct apk package name, then generate com.duokan.hdreader.android directory
Load the duokan plugin into the chrome browser
- Just like loading the plugin above, open chrome://extensions and select “Load unzipped extension”
- Then you can see this program in chrome://apps, double click to run
- Error: CERT_UNTRUSTED is resolved
by nmp config set strict-ssl false when installing chromeos-apk
- You need to provide apk registration when using chromeos-apk conversion, similar to the com.duokan.hdreader
package name in the URL of the general app download site, such as www.coolapk.com/apk/com.duokan.hdreader
- “no “message” for key extName appears when loading the converted plugin”
because the chromeos-apk version is old, do not add this entry in _locals/en/message.json, open this file yourself, add
“message”: “com.duokan.hdreader” is fine. Or upgrade chromeos-apk to the latest.
Hope you like how to run android app on PC …