The Xbox 360 controller users have to play many PC games instead of a keyboard or mouse. The Microsoft has also built perfect support for Xbox 360 controller in their Windows operating systems. Xbox 360 controller is the cool device for windows users, and also it’s more to benefits from a gaming experience. The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows can be easily installed on any PC. So Here are the easy steps that help you connect your Xbox 360 controller to a Windows PC.
Step 1: Connect your Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10
- Just Plug-In the Xbox 360 controller into any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the computer.
- Windows 10 will automatically install drivers for your controller, so you won’t have to download or install software other than Windows 10 updates. Once you see the pop-up notification that the drivers have been installed, you can use your controller.
- Open a game or the Xbox app and test your controller by pressing a button, pulling a trigger, or moving a stick on the controller.
For wireless controller:
- If you are using a wireless controller, insert the USB connector of your Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver into a USB port on your computer. A green light will be on if your wireless receiver is working.
Step 2: Install the Controller Drivers
Note A standard Xbox 360 wired controller can be connected to a Windows PC by way of the USB port, but drivers must be installed before the controller will work.
You can Install the Controller Drivers one of two ways.
Install using the installation CD:
- You need to Insert the installation disc in the CD or DVD drive on your computer. And run the setup program.
- And the Setup screen, select Install.
Install by downloading the software:
- Download The Xbox 360 Controller driver and Under Software & Drivers.
- Open the .exe file downloaded from your browser, and then select Yes to approve installation, if asked.
- Select Run. The Xbox 360 program installs the necessary files on your computer. You might be prompted to restart the computer when finished.
- After installing the driver, restart your computer.
Step 3: Test your controller
Now just try any games that easy to suppers Xbox 360 Controller. And test out your controller by pressing the button or pulling the triggers on it.
If the desktop doesn’t recognize with the controller, then just try to plug it into a different USB port, and then test it again. If the desktop still doesn’t make out it.