Should schools use technology in studying process?
Nowadays, technology is almost everywhere — in our social life, work, rest, and also the learning process. Mobile phones and other wireless devices are implemented in many industries, and many schools use them in the classroom. But here we have to mention that some schools may get difficulties with the implementation of the technology. They usually have 2 reasons:
- Many schools try to avoid using tablets, laptops, and mobiles in the learning process because they think it wouldn’t help so much but only distract students from studying.
- Schools cannot implement mobile devices in the learning process but their poor network isn’t capable to support the modern technology in the classroom.
In both these situations, students lose a lot, that’s why schools need to understand that using new technology in studying is quite important for students. We included in our article next ten reasons why every school needs to implement the technology in the studying.
10 Reasons why new technology is a must-have in schools
- Tablets, mobile devices and laptops can help students in learning faster and better. Of course, it’s important to use them properly without any distraction at other things except the certain subject.
- Implementing technology into schools is a good way to keep in connection with students.
- With mobile technology, students can interact with other classmates and teachers easily.
- With modern technology, it’s possible for students to improve their digital citizenship skills. Actually, there is a big difference between using a mobile every day and about knowing how to use them properly and responsibly.
- Implementation of technology in the learning process is a great motivation for students to study. They usually use mobiles and tablets to play games and talk with friends, but using them in education is something new and very interesting to them. This keeps them involved in the studying process.
- New technology in schools increase students’ experience and gives them a chance to improve and develop many skills.
- When using laptops, tablets and mobiles in the classroom, all students can have access to the needed information much quicker compared to usual methods of studying.
- Technology brings the new system of learning where the teacher is the coach, adviser and encourager. It has a lot of advantages compared to the old passive studying system.
- With technology, students can learn how to be more responsible. When they use school’s devices, they learn how to be careful and also learn to work with digital devices carefully and correctly.
- With new technology, students can reach a huge amount of new information to get a lot of opportunities. Studying with technology is more creative, informative and interesting. Students don’t get the learning process like something standard and boring, but every day brings them something new and leads them to new information. They live in a new format of studying, and even when they have got problems, for example, with writing papers, they can easily look for some help online on the website thesispanda.com.
How schools have to implement technology in the classroom?
There are a lot of situations when schools tried to implement mobile technology in the classroom, and they purchased new laptops and tablets for students, but later they found out nothing worked properly just because their network couldn’t support using those devices. That’s why it’s important to pay attention at the school’s wireless network and to build it correctly. It’s not so cheap and easy, but without this step, schools risk spending a lot of money for expensive devices students wouldn’t be able to use for studying.
Here are the main things you should keep in mind when projecting a network in the school:
- The Wi-Fi system in school must be aligned with all devices that are connecting to it.
- Technical resources are not cheap and sometimes it’s hard t find them.
- User expectations of the system are very high, so you must think about this when projecting a network in the school.
- The entire system should be flexible because all components change constantly: school can buy new devices, device and users numbers could be increased, etc.
We see that wireless network is expensive to project, implement and manage, but the result is worthy of spending money. Anyway, earlier or later, all schools will be equipped with modern technologies to provide students with quality education and give them many opportunities in their future work. It’s obvious that modern technology can improve the education and get more students involved in studying.
Of course, every school can decide if they should implement modern technology in studying or not. But we know that technology is the future of the educational system, and over years, the studying process will be improved with the newest technologies to provide students with a great education.