Overtime, news has flown concerning people making money on Instagram. Instagrammers now have huge cash ins based on the pictures they share every day. This has sent many people searching and yearning to get into this as it’s a profitable venture.
According to the familiar website The Small Business Blog, They are similar to youtubers, bloggers and anyone who has that skill to assemble an audience for what they produce. Instagrammers have the influence and the outreach to the people, which is a major asset required by companies to amass their markets. These two point together offer a cutting edge for instagrammers to explore diverse and multiple streams of potential avenues for revenue.
Facebook launching this photo app in 2010 caused a lot of eyebrow raising. Seconding to Facebook, it has over 700 million users, of course snapchat and twitter doesn’t compete with this. Will this amount of users, the app became an open multination virtual market. A tool many businesses need in meeting their targets.
How many followers are needed?
Now, a common question that arises is with expected number of followers, this is very simple as you do not need many followers. Moreover, there are some marketplaces for those users who want to buy and sell Instagram account. However, buying an Instagram account with decent number of followers in not end of the story. Posting a quality and engaging content is the key to grab the brand’s attention. Your competitive edge will depend on;
- The engagement of your followers. Take note having fake hundreds of followers won’t give you a market.
- The niche you explore as there are many different niches. Some include; beauty, fashion, food, app development and fitness are the most popular and have more hashtags.
Summarily, the more engaged customers you have. The paradox is, while those with millions of posts are sharing photos, those with hundreds and having a purpose are making profit.
How to earn via Instagram
According to new marketing researches there are 50 small business ideas that you can start on Instagram in order to monetize your Instagram blog. Based on your unique market content on Instagram, your commitment and your sort of audience, these are some tips on making money.
- Do commission selling, thus selling for different brand products
- Become and affiliate
- Selling and creating digital and or physical products.
- Offer a paid service
- Do sponsored posts for brands you know will attract your audience
- Sell photography
If you’ve noticed, you can chase different and many income streams without affecting another so long as you are devoted and able to manage.
I am going to itemise the most common approach which is doing influencer partnering with brands.
Working for Brands with Sponsored Posts
Anyone referred to as an influencer, is someone who has built an online reputation by sharing and doing many interesting things online. Such people usually have a lot of influence and to peoples, there tend to be trendsetters, trusted experts and tastemakers of which their opinions on their online brand specialty are respected. Many brands find it difficult to compete in the market thus they tend to hire influencers to send out sponsored post with their products and services. Keep in mind they don’t want just the size of your account but to gain trust from your audience.
Getting a balance of your revenue and integrity as the creator and the influencer is somehow challenging. One who does not depend on income from Instagram to stay adrift will have freedom to be selective of brands to work with, likewise the brands being selective of those to work with.
How much to Charge as an Influencer
Influencer deals involve creation of content, which typically includes the permission to use a brand on an ad. These deals tend to be negotiable and can include a campaign for a either a free product, fee, gift, service or a promise of exposure. Have in mind in negotiating, you are offering access to your audience. A survey of over 5000 people in the business indicate that about 42% will charge between $200 and $400 per post.
Finding Brands to Work With
For those who are already established, the brands will probably find you. Nevertheless, you can still look for brands to work with on a similar level like you. That is in terms of values and personality. This is important so as your audience doesn’t think low of you. These are some methods you could use;
- Famebit; by connecting your blog, YouTube channel and Instagram page and other social platforms to create influencer cards. This lets you reach out many brands and getting their wants.
- Hashtag paid; this is good for influencers with over thousands of users. They could list themselves on Tribe marketplace to get an opportunity to work with choiced brands.
- Hey Influencers; Perfect marketplace for Instagram bloggers who loves to create content for big brands. Its one of the well paid platforms to the creative influencers.
- Tribe; It’s one of the most well-known influencer marketing tools for brands and influencers. You can find many influencers among different types of niches and social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Becoming an Affiliate
An affiliate gives you the advantage of making invested sales not just for commission or share marketing. With Instagram making plans to make links for Instagram stories, this will spur new opportunities for influencers. As at now, you can just focus on an affiliate link at a time by making promotion codes since they don’t offer links out of your own bio. In the long run, opening your own online shop will do you a lot good.
Reasons for Influencer Marketing
With influencer marketing rapidly sprouting, many had in mind it was a fad that will suddenly vanish, rather the reverse is true as its current growth hasn’t got any trends of closing. Below are important points for influencer marketing.
- It is a quicker and to an extent a good means used by companies to quickly target their audience
- Very efficient in getting to the target market.
- Provides an alternative to paid ads, plus its efficient.
- Better brand positioning strategy and brand image development
- Offers high return on investment due to targeted exposure.
- Safe to market products and services especially with the use of trusted individuals in the industry.
The Future Influencer Marketing
With current growth rate of Influencer marketing, we know it is going to stay. Staying implies it will definitely have an impact. There are many examples of celebrities making use of brands and putting up pictures of them. Try to forecast the future of this marketing strategy
- We will see the development of influencer agencies rather than personal influencers.
- Will be easy to connect to influencers as the power of tier two influencers will grow.
- A tremendous rise in the amount social media channels.
- Better platforms to get authentic influencers and
- Professional marketers with educational qualification getting into the field of influencing.
The coming of influencer marketing is just the perfect strategy to get its maximum target by getting extremely close to its customers and practice the most effect type of marketing, personal selling in a stylish, effective and efficient manner.